Sunday, July 31, 2011

Merkids on the horizon...

Nope not a Pirates theme... but these Merkids are much nicer than those seen in the last Pirate movie!  Cute, and ready to celebrate  Summer and Winter season with you!

Meet Summer Merkid.  As you can see she's our Summer Merkid so named after this hot season which is blazing hot where I am, and I am in a much cooler place!  I can't believe how hot it's getting up here in the "cool" mountains!  It's supposed to hit 91 next week... OMG I am going to melt I am not used to this heat up here!  Good thing we have the lake, which Jude and I are sure to jump into these next few days.

Okay well enough of my rambling here's Summer: I have used Summer Days Paper from Echo Park, the sentiment, sun and sticker clouds are from the same collection.  I went very simple with these cards as they are bright and cheery.  Not dark and gloomy Betty-ish, but sometimes I can enjoy the out of the dark ordinary and go for totally cute and bright!

Our second little Merkid from this line is Frosty!  Isn't he the cutest building his snowman?  Under the sea, imagine the temperatures in those waters to have snow!  LOL Still I prefer the bitter cold over the heat!  As does Frosty here!  The paper used is from Pine Cone Press, the words from the same papers, it is a collage of words and I simply cut a few out and arranged them on my card.  I also seem to have gone a bit Stickle crazy.  That is because Merkids and Mermen, and Mermaids are magical after all.  They probably do shimmer and sparkle!

I hope you have enjoyed my cards for today.  Please join us tomorrow for two more previews at Simply Betty Stamps blog and of course I will post here as well giving details on the papers used and little tid bits.  Have a great day and thank you for commenting it really makes my day when I get a comment!

No comments:

 
Blog Design byApril Showers for Scrap Happy Witch