Thursday, December 1, 2011

What's this?

Why it's a Christmas card, with that Betty twist!

Welcome to our 1st day of 12 days of Scary Christmas... well not too scary right, more Betty Scary which is more cute and quirky than anything really!  

I am super excited about this fun new 12 days of Challenges!  It's going to take us straight through till Christmas Eve!  Yay!  That will keep me busy and focused on crafting instead of shopping, shopping, and more shopping!  Well not that I mind it, I just have too many crafty supplies!  Whut?  Did I just type that?  I must be going looney!  

Today I have a super fun card, the challenge is to recreate your favorite Nightmare Before Christmas scene!  I have sooo many from this movie that it was hard to pick, but I wanted to try my hand at drawing scenes, I can draw characters a little, but have never tried actual scenes.  I have on canvas with paints, but not drawing them around my stamps.

So, of course I started with my Skellington Jack Chibi.  I then picked up my trusty pen and just started sketching out my scene around him.  As you can see it is really rough, I did not try to be to perfect in this drawing of the scene, as I think the scenes themselves are meant to be rough and tough :)!  I did it really quickly, and colored it all up even quicker!  So forgive me, it's not my best but I kinda like the outcome!


The paper I used for the base of the card is from Making Memories, one of their Halloween lines from 2008 I think!  It's old for sure.  The ornament is from the Winter Frolic carttridge for the Cricut.  The ribbon I scored at .59 cents on black Friday at Michaels and used it!  OMG I never buy something and use it right away!  Whoot whoot!  Go me!  Well I hope you like my super rushed card!  See you tomorrow for the release of our Kitchen Fun Teen Scene stamps and then back here again on the 3rd for day 2 of the 12 days of Scary Christmas!

2 comments:

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

I love your card and your coloring is wonderful!!! I'm sorry I have not had a chance to play along yet!!! But I will!!! Hugs!!!

Lisa T said...

I love your card! Thanks for the inspiration. I was wondering which stamp to use for this challenge and forgot I had the Jack digi stamp. He will be perfect! My tree won't be nearly as great as yours, though.

 
Blog Design byApril Showers for Scrap Happy Witch